Can Elizabeth Help With My Problem?
People seek counseling from Elizabeth at different stages of life, and for many different reasons. Some of these include
- Feeling overwhelmed or struggling to cope with the challenges in your life. You may be feeling depression, stress, anxiety, anger, worry & frustration.
- Parenting a child or children who have special needs is a life-long challenge from adjusting to the first diagnosis all way through the transition to parenting an adult child who still needs you. My focus is on you, as a person, as well as a parent, and how to support you in taking care of yourself and your own happiness while still taking care of your family.
- Couples wanting to improve their connection or repair their relationship. Elizabeth is certified in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy and has extensive training helping couples untangle the negative patterns in their relationship and move towards a solid and loving connection.
- Coping with the impact of disability or illness on your family. You may be trying to deal with your own disability or be the parent or sibling of a person with special needs.
- Wanting to create a healthy, balanced sense of self-esteem. This might be due a recent loss of ability or independence or the problem may have its roots in childhood trauma, a dysfunctional family or experiencing pervasive prejudice at school or in the community.
- Other problems when the "fit" seems right. Research shows the best predictor of success in counseling is the quality of the relationship between the professional and the client. Use this website as way to get to know me. If it seems like I might be the right person, call me and let's see if the fit is right.